CAStinneford

Default Maytag washing machines: beware

Bummer! In future, do not buy a washer or dryer with elecronic controls. I
was told by a competent repair technician to stay away. Electronics do not
tolerate humidity very well. I guess that applies to dishwashers as well.

It definitely applies to dishwashers. We pulled an ISE dishwasher out after
four years that drove us crazy the whole four years with electronic breakdowns.
We also had a Whirlpool refrigerator with an insane electronic alert that
beeped three times every minute if the temperature in the refrigerator or
freezer wasn't exactly where it had been set. There was no way to stop the
beeping....you just had to wait till the temperature got where it should be.