Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default RCM hits a new low

On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 14:50:49 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Nope. But it's hilarious to contrast your dumpster diving with your
claimed skills.

One precludes the other? Really?

https://www.google.com/search?q=dump...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Only thing Ive not found in a dumpster so far are guns. However..I
did pull out 11 sets of dies, 4000 primers (large and small rifle),
1200 (more or less) bullets..mostly .30 with a few hundred 7mm, and 15
lbs of gun powder. That was about 15 yrs ago. Im still shooting up
the powder..though Im down to about 3 lbs.
6 free cans of Unique was very unexpected..and very useful.
I have pulled out rifle stocks however. Shrug.

A few weeks ago, I pulled out a plastic tool caddy filled with 1/4"
quick disconnects for plastic tubing. Stuff I use regularly serviceing
machine tools. I gave the caddy to the roommate and stocked the
various connectors.

Im trying to remember the big score earlier this
year...oh..yeah...bunch of misc stuff..which included 5 Canon FD
lenses which went into my Canon camera collection. Where is one going
to get a Canon FD 800 mm mirror f5.6 f lens for free? The

https://www.ebay.com/p/Canon-L-800mm...Lens/101660114

Its not perfect..no case, no shade, filter ring has a ding in it..but
it appears to work quite nicely. The EOS body was not working, so I
sent it off to Brooklyn Camera Exchange to see if they wanted to buy
it. No response as of yet..however they tend to be slow at times. The
body was set up not as a film camera..but had a electronic back
attached..very early digital. One of the early sports cameras custom
made for someone by Canon. Damned shame the body didnt work.

There was some other stuff I got as well...cant remember what it was
at the moment, but it will come to me.

Shrug

---