Jim Thompson

Default Maytag washing machines: beware

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:28:44 -0500, William Wuister
wrote:

On Nov 7, 2003 our Maytag Neptute washing machine (model MAH5500) quit
working

[snip]

We discovered quite by accident that the Maytag "Neptune" model is a
special unit that Maytag makes for other retailers.

We were going to buy a Neptune at the Great Indoors store, priced it
there, then happened to drive by a new Maytag store on our way home.

Decided to stop and price-compare.

Couldn't find the Neptune model.

Salesman explained to us that "Neptune" was a store brand, showed us
the same-featured machine but labeled "Atlantis".

It was same price as the model at Great Indoors, so we bought it.

It's been nearly two years... no problems... knock on wood (we didn't
buy the extended warranty).

We did have a minor problem with matching dryer with sudden on-set of
noise during the warranty period. Service person showed up the next
day and removed a penny from between the drum and housing at no
charge.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |