Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default diy data recovery

On 22/10/2017 14:20, wrote:

When windows doesn't work you need to fix it, or discover no fix is
known. When linux doesn't work you can just change distro. It saves
time & hassle. I can't think of anything that would tempt me back to
windows. Linux just works way more of the time than win ever did, and
when it doesn't it's easier to sort out.

IME if windows doesn't work its the hardware.
When there is a serious windows bug someone will be working to fix it.

When there is a linux bug you may well have to fix it yourself.
This is beyond 99.9% of users so they are in the same boat as windows
users who need someone else to fix it.

Windows has lots of automated tools that will fix problems these days.