Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Claw truck max lift weight

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 14:08:08 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 11:21:07 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 20 Oct 2017 02:05:20 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 00:47:08 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:56:44 -0400,
wrote:

How much can a typical claw truck lift?
I have some tree trunks sitting out there fir the FEMA pickup (Irma)
and I wonder if I need to cut them up more.

Well, I've seen a claw truck and it was interesting enough that I
stopped to watch it. But it was picking up big piles of little stuff.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...debris-removal
You don't say what city you live in, but the only reference to claw
truck won't help you. It looks like FEMA reimburses towns and doesn't
provide its own equipment, so maybe you can find out from your town.

Lee County is working on the debris but they are talking about 2.5
millions of yards of "hort" in our county. I have a big pile of little
stuff (logs the size of your leg) in the field next to my house that
you can see from space.

Really! You mean the colloquial "you", right? that they showed you
such a view? You're not saying that they've updated one of the webpage
satellite views since the storm, are you? Because I would go look if I
could see it.

The NOAA pictures were taken on Wednesday as far as I can tell, just
by the cars in the driveway. (3 days after the storm) I had really
just got started on the trees by then, just getting the ones out of
the back yard, right outside the door and off the shed. Since then I
have been working on the canal and the ones behind the shed.
The pile is much bigger and the largest trunks are in front of the
house.

I am also piling up logs that are almost 3
feet in diameter in front of my house. I really do not want to drag
them down the road because the chain will be tough on the asphalt.

The west coast got hit a lot harder than the east coast. Irma came on
shore in the county below me at a Cat 4 and was a Cat 3 when it came
over my house.
I lost a lot of trees.

That's bad but I hope your house is okay.

I lost a half dozen screen panels in the pool cage but other than that
I am OK

I would just put it out and let them worry about it. If it is to heavy they
will either have a heaver duty piece of equipment, cut it up themselves or
give you a notice. I presume your's isn't the heaviest load around (g).

I bet I am close. We have quite a pile out there.