Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default mini backhoe

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 16:03:02 -0400
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

snip
I wonder if it was simpler to call you than to get their union
electrician to come and plug in the cord. Someone may have quietly
kicked the plug out where you would see it.

One never knew for sure with those calls. We held a service contract
via GE for them. In theory they should have been billed but we were a
small shop and I doubt if they were. And yes, union stuff was a pain.

My feeling was they were just "too big to care". Call for service, let
them sort it out.

GM paid to fly me first class from NH to Flint MI to turn the range
knob on a signal generator down one click. .

Hmm... we could swap old repair fiascoes for quite some time ;-)

My point though... was just that some of us "see" stuff that isn't
right and other's don't, no matter how long they look.

I'm good with mechanical, electronic, electrical... stuff but not worth
a toot with language or grammar. My eye will blow right past improper
tense, homonyms, misspellings...

Probably why I don't get anything out of poetry, other than somebody
like Ogden Nash.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b