Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default mini backhoe

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 09:15:07 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 12:32:59 AM UTC-4, Rudy Canoza
wrote:

I am certain the majority of people who follow this group make the
wrong
decision on make-or-buy.

"If you did not make it yourself, it really isn't yours."

Dan

I would expand that to it isn't really mine unless I can fix it
myself. The frequent griping I hear from people who are dependent on
repair shops only reinforces that. I deflect them by claiming I need
the factory shop manuals which I bought with my cars.

Ditto. And I ask them how much the shop charges, tell them that I'd
ask for the same pay, except that I don't have the manuals for it.
So solly.

Recently working on snow plows has reminded me of the knowledge gap
modern technology has created. Electrical schematics are as readable
as street signs to me but alien hieroglyphics to the plow owner.
http://pospert.org/wiring-diagram-fo...ern-snow-plow/

Yeah, simple as a road map.

I've always like that, and made it my life's work. As an auto
mechanic, troubleshooter, computer repairman/builder, handyman, and
whatever. I fixed my sister's SodaStream last week, siliconed her
home windows so they would slide, repaired jewelry, and tracked down a
cracked elbow in her back yard irrigation piping.

What we're heading for in America is an entire population who doesn't
know how to redirect the spring in a pair of pliers, let alone sharpen
anything, repair electronics, connect plug-'n-play electronics
devices, etc. Whoever imports the repairmen will own us.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.