Phisherman

Default Noisy Vinyl Siding

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 04:03:46 GMT, "Derek"
wrote:

We just bought a brand new house, newly constructed. We've noticed that on
windy days the vinyl siding on the house is exceptionally loud and squeaky
inside the house. Under the Siding, there is Tyvex and standard 3/4 wood
for framing.

What would cause this to happen ?
How can it be fixed ?

Reply to newsgroup only.

Thank you.

Didn't the real estate person explain that the noise is "character?"
Seriously, vinyl siding should be attached loose to allow for
expansion/contraction. My Al-frame screen windows sometimes rattle in
the middle of a windy night. You could do some landscaping to create
a wind-breaker.