Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default mini backhoe

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 11:03:04 -0400, Neon John wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 11:09:46 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I am trying to collect material and ideas in order to make a mini backhoe. I may never make one, but I am proceeding on the grounds that I will.

Why don't you just buy a mini-backhoe? Either HF or Northern sells a
very nice one. A friend has one. I've borrowed it several times.

They're near $3k, while scrounging parts and building your own might
cost you a grand. Many of us are not well funded for our toy
departments.

Nice. It has a trailer hitch so you just tow it to the job.

That's illegal. They're not road licenseable in the USA.
The fine print on the site says "Not for use on highways or public
roads." Many cops would likely let it go, but the sticklers would
know they're not roadable and ticket you, possibly impounding it.
Caveat tow-er.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.