Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Claw truck max lift weight

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 06:57:36 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, October 20, 2017 at 4:55:02 PM UTC-4, hillary_4 wrote:
On 10/19/2017 07:59 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 5:57:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
How much can a typical claw truck lift?
I have some tree trunks sitting out there fir the FEMA pickup (Irma)
and I wonder if I need to cut them up more.
Not sure what you mean by a typical claw truck. Here in NJ
they do brush pickup and they use a front end loader that has
jaws on it. They pick up some pretty heavy stuff, dump it in
one of those big, long, open dumpster bins that a truck then backs
up to and loads. I've put out pieces that were so heavy I had
to roll them out on a dolly. And here after Sandy when there was
a big cleanup, they took even bigger stuff. I'd say if you can
get it to the street, they'll probably take it. You could call
the town and ask, they should know, even if they're not doing it.

Yah, just send the ****ing bill to the taxpayers! Sheeeeesh!

I live in a self-sufficient area and we pay to remove our own storm debris.Â* Now I understand why you lean to the left.

When your area actually gets hit by a natural disaster, you'll probably
be the first person taking govt assistance in removing debris. To not
do so, is like paying for insurance for 30 years and then not using
it when it's appropriate. And for the record, it was the township here
that routinely picks up brush, logs, etc spring and fall. And they
picked it up following Sandy too. I pay $12K a year in property tax,
property tax pays to fund the local govt, so I don't see your alleged
issue in using the service I'm paying for. That includes trash pickup,
should I forgo that service too? Presumably FEMA also kicked
in some money to the township, but so what? I've paid plenty of income
tax over decades, so I don't have a problem with getting something of
some little value back once in blue moon. And what's more efficient,
faster, and far less costly? Having the township go down the street
doing it all? Or having each property owner find some contractor,
get them to do it? And remember, this was when almost every property
had sawed up trees that had to go.

Stuff grows a lot faster here. We get a separate horticulture pickup
every week (bundled material) but this is a special pickup and yes I
think FEMA is pitching in some of the money. This will be the second
time in 57 years for us that the feds kicked in. (the other being
after Charley)