Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Claw truck max lift weight

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 16:54:53 -0400, hillary_4
wrote:

On 10/19/2017 07:59 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 5:57:00 PM UTC-4, wrote:
How much can a typical claw truck lift?
I have some tree trunks sitting out there fir the FEMA pickup (Irma)
and I wonder if I need to cut them up more.

Not sure what you mean by a typical claw truck. Here in NJ
they do brush pickup and they use a front end loader that has
jaws on it. They pick up some pretty heavy stuff, dump it in
one of those big, long, open dumpster bins that a truck then backs
up to and loads. I've put out pieces that were so heavy I had
to roll them out on a dolly. And here after Sandy when there was
a big cleanup, they took even bigger stuff. I'd say if you can
get it to the street, they'll probably take it. You could call
the town and ask, they should know, even if they're not doing it.

Yah, just send the ****ing bill to the taxpayers! Sheeeeesh!

I live in a self-sufficient area and we pay to remove our own storm debris.Â* Now I understand why you lean to the left.

We pay the county to remove our horticulture and other solid waste in
our taxes.
It is a separate tax.
They just give us a break on the tying and bundling after a cat 3
hurricane.
The county says it expects to remove 2.5 million yards of hort and I
think they are guessing low. Every street around here is lined by
piles 5-10 feet deep off the road and up to 6-7 feet high. It is
everything from small sticks to trunks as big as mine.