Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill[_14_] Bill[_14_] is offline

Default RCM hits a new low

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:13:59 -0700 (PDT), rangerssuck wrote:

Har! Google Groups? That's a self-inflicted wound, Rob. VBG.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.

I dunno, it's free, it works, you learn to ignore the crap. In the past, I maintained a full usenet feed and passed it on to dozens of downstream systems and used many different newsreaders. I have personally witnessed the rise and fall of the medium.

True enough. Google makes it very simple for people to access usenet;
and simply ingnoring crap posts is simple and 100% effective.

I use 40tude dialog (free) and a paid usenet provider. Dialog is
ancient - but highly configurable, with powerful filtering options.
However, I only use basic filtering - primarily "keyword" filters. I
have a list of terms on the usual suspects where "crap" is gennerally at
play: blatant political, religious, marketing, personal insults, and/or
obscene, crap. That way Dialog just strips anything in that keyword list
before I ever see it, which really helps when I scan the larger number
of groups that I'm subscribed.

--
Email address is a Spam trap.