Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars - running costs.

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Then buy a better car. Noisy engines and heavy clutches aren't intrinsic.

Like I said, even an automatic RR Ghost wasn't as seamless to drive as
my old EV ... I could still feel and hear the gear changes for
example.

And your old EV was every bit as comfortable? ;-)

Best to compare apples with apples.

No EV is going to be totally silent. There will be road and wind noise.
Just how the combination of sounds it makes on the move delights or
offends is going to depend on individual taste.

--
*A snooze button is a poor substitute for no alarm clock at all *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.