Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Claw truck max lift weight

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:56:44 -0400,
wrote:

How much can a typical claw truck lift?
I have some tree trunks sitting out there fir the FEMA pickup (Irma)
and I wonder if I need to cut them up more.

Well, I've seen a claw truck and it was interesting enough that I
stopped to watch it. But it was picking up big piles of little stuff.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...debris-removal
You don't say what city you live in, but the only reference to claw
truck won't help you. It looks like FEMA reimburses towns and doesn't
provide its own equipment, so maybe you can find out from your town.

"HOLLY HILL

In Holly Hill, residents should use this weekend to clean their
properties and place storm debris at the road. Residents should avoid
placing debris next to fire hydrants, over storm drains in the roadway
or in a position where the claw truck may not be able to reach it due to
overhead obstructions. All construction debris must be kept separate
from yard debris. Collection is planned to begin next week; dates will
be announced when the contractor provides confirmation."