Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Electric cars - running costs.

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:42:45 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
We did not get an EV based on the cost of the fuel, it is just plain
more enjoyable driving.

Must admit that's the first time I've heard that one. ;-)

They are very different that's for sure (especially something as
simple as mine).

When I first got it home I gave it 'a service'.

I checked the brakes (drums all round), the oil in the diff, made sure
all the lights and wipers worked and topped up the washer bottle ...
and that was about it. ;-(

No plugs, points, antifreeze, fan / aux belts, exhaust, engine or
gearbox oil to check etc.

Just check the battery electrolyte level now and again and that was
that.

Cheers, T i m