Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Crimped connectors in household wiring in USA

Has anyone used or seen crimped connectors in USA wiring? I am curious
as to how widespread it is.

My old mobile home has them.
Ive currently got an open connection somewhere. I could well be wrong but I
suspect it's one of those connectors (plastic cap over pair of connected
aluminum wires). If I had known before I bought it...

Hi KenK ; I suspect that your old mobile home wiring uses
twist-on connectors - commonly called Marrettes - link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twist-on_wire_connector

Crimp connectors look more like these :

https://www.allelectronics.com/categ...rminals/1.html

Regardless - if you are having troubles with your aluminum wiring
you would be wise to have it corrected by a professional -
- before you have a fire.

John T.