Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electricity detector?

On Tue, 17 Oct 2017 07:43:41 -0500, CRNG
wrote:

On 16 Oct 2017 18:03:10 GMT, KenK wrote in

Do they make a gadget that detects the presence - not necessarily flow - of
electricity in a conductor through insulation, walls, etc? Not electric
flow because I am hunting an open circuit in a mobile home. I want to see
how far the power is getting without removing caps on splices, opening
walls, etc.

TIA

Something like this might work for you.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...8907/205620398

Good for about half an inch from the conductor - possibly an inch on
a real good day of you manage to stand just right on one foot and hold
your mouth just right - - - and will not detect voltage in metallic
sheathed cable or inside a closed junction box.