Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electricity detector?

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 1:03:15 PM UTC-5, KenK wrote:
Do they make a gadget that detects the presence - not necessarily flow - of
electricity in a conductor through insulation, walls, etc? Not electric
flow because I am hunting an open circuit in a mobile home. I want to see
how far the power is getting without removing caps on splices, opening
walls, etc.

TIA
--

I've used a pocket AM/FM radio tuned to a relatively quiet spot on the AM band and moved it over a wall like a stud finder listening for the 60 HZ AC hum that would come from the energized Romex in the wall. It worked well for me before the AC voltage detectors became widely available ie 'inexpensive'. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Detective Monster