Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default mini backhoe

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 08:50:38 -0700, wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 17:51:27 -0700, Cemetery Polka wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 15:33:16 -0700,
wrote:

My Case is a 580 CK

Small world. I find mine too light for hard ground, and can't imagine
building something lighter unless it was for planting pansies in sand
trap.

As heavy as the Case must be it is too light for hard ground. Even
really big machines struggle with hardpan. But since I am not making a
livung with my backhoe it really doesn't matter. The machine is
probably 100 times faster than me when it comes to digging ditches and
the like. Especially since I live on glacial till and it is full of
rocks of every size and description.
Eric

A hydraulic jack-hammer "stinger" in place of the bucket makes short
work of hardpan if ripper jaws won't do the job. Auful hard on
equipment though!!!