Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Electricity detector?

On 16 Oct 2017 18:03:10 GMT, KenK wrote:

Do they make a gadget that detects the presence - not necessarily flow - of
electricity in a conductor through insulation, walls, etc? Not electric
flow because I am hunting an open circuit in a mobile home. I want to see
how far the power is getting without removing caps on splices, opening
walls, etc.

TIA

HD?Lowe's carries a small probe, $10 for checking things. Just hold
it near a switch, receptacles, etc. and it chirps if power is present.

It looks like this pic:

https://cdn1.tmbi.com/TFH/Step-By-Step/FH05MAY_ELETES_02.JPG

Other types work differently and cost more. "Fox & Hound" is one
product.