Ed Kaz

Default Ice Skateing Rink Lighting

Who you calling a "troll"?-jerk

I can't ask a simple question ?

I am putting in a back-yard rink and was wondering if lighting from under
the ice was possible?

"I-zheet M'drurz" wrote in message
On 12 Nov 2003, David Martel wrote:

I think that the heat from the bulbs would be a major problem. I
bet that
the bulbs would shatter. Expansion and contraction would be a problem.
Light pipes made from fiber optics would be a possibility.

Not to mention that ice is naturally more opaque than clear. It
would take a very bright (read "hot") light to be seen.

That said, I think we both just responded to a troll, but what
the hell, you never know.

Tom Pendergast e-mail is for sissies, say it on line