Posted to sci.electronics.repair
malua mada! malua mada! is offline

Default 12VDC to 120VAC inverter problem.

On Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 1:04:43 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have a 300W, 12VDC to 120VAC inverter. It's worked fine in my car for
years, to power my laptop computer, a medical device I need when I am
"on the road", and even some small power tools. Recently it started
acting weird. Sometimes it wont turn on, (LED is lit). Or it keeps
cycling on and off. Often, I have to plug it into the cig lighter in my
car repeated times to get it to work.

Cig lighter sockets and plugs (and the fuse holders they may contain) may corrode and otherwise "get weak"