Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default While we're waiting for the next "Project Binky" video...

On Friday, 13 October 2017 15:15:06 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article 20171013110655.1586d697@Mars,
Rob Morley wrote:
I'd be very surprised if you could buy a Mk X Jag for £500 which was
of any use at all, other than for just a few spares. To get one which
would be economic to put back on the road would cost about 3 times
that,

Alternatively just keep cutting and welding until it's back together,
without thinking how much your time would be worth if you were charging
yourself commercial rates.

Quite. In other words, better to buy a car in reasonably sound condition
in the first place. But it is TV...

Isn't that one of the classic problems in DIY why are you doing it for fun or because it saves you money and/or time.