Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default 12VDC to 120VAC inverter problem.

In article ,
says...

Painting the board to insulate it from the slots in the case is unlikely
to last for long. Use something more robust like Kapton tape.

I sort of think that paint would not last long, unless I applied it real
thick. What is "Kapton" tape? I never heard of that.

Kapton tape is an amber colored tape that is heat resistant. It has
been used for insulation of some of the two plate type capacitors that
use a screw to move the plates close together.

It is now often used in the SMD soldering to protect the parts not to be
disturbed. I have placed a piece over components and cut a hole over
the part where I want to use the hot air gun.

While not clear, you can still see through it.