Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] oldschool@tubes.com is offline

Default 12VDC to 120VAC inverter problem.

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 15:11:56 -0700, mike wrote:

On 10/12/2017 12:27 PM, wrote:

Since I need this badly, for medical needs, I decided to just buy a new
one . I got a 400W, and thought that would work fine.

One thing to watch out for is standby current drain.
I've found a huge difference in no-load power consumption of
different inverters.
This can make a huge difference in low-load run time.
Or if you don't turn it off between uses.

I never knew inverters differred in standby current draw, but I did know
they use current with no load on their output. I alwauys turn the
inverter off when it's not in use.