Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Advice Wanted On This Trim Project

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 20:18:38 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 12-Oct-17 8:03 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message news
https://photos.app.goo.gl/DqXrs5DI2roJTli22

I need to replace the white board above this garage door. The 2x12 is
rotted out pretty bad. It will just fall out when poked with a
screwdriver or putty knife, so I'm going to replace with a new, treated
2x12. (Client wants cheapest option.)

Double- and triple-check -- the brick may be overlaid veneer in front of
the frieze board so you don't have to scribe it at all...

Looking at the picture the bricks and the board look to be pretty
well flush, - so it WILL need to be scribed to fit