Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Advice Wanted On This Trim Project

On 10/12/2017 7:40 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

Large long roll of paper, and tape, make a pattern then proceed with
the demolition?

I would do that as first step but before cutting the wood, I'd
transfer it to cardboard or hardboard to be sure of the fit.

I'm impressed that the builder made the arch like that.Â* So many
buildings are just plain boxes.

Yes and no.
Adding an arch, yes.
Adding a make-shift arch with not continuous, measurable curve, no.

It look close to just a curve near the top and straight line to the
ends. You can always cut it straight for the most part and use a
boatload of caulk. Just be sure to get paid before the customer get
within 20 feet of it.