Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Advice Wanted On This Trim Project

On 12-Oct-17 4:59 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

If you look closely, you will see that it's not even and the arch
"flattens out" near both ends. So I believe I'm left with trying to
transfer the exact line of the bottom of the soldier course of bricks to
the new 2x12.

Roughly FN's idea but use more solid material for your pattern than
paper...anything will do from masonite to ply to even cardboard just
need something stiff-enough can fit and scribe from it reliably.

Start since you still have the lower edge intact by measuring the
vertical height every few inches so can fit a fair curve, then cut out
the pattern a little proud and fit in place. Once you've got the
pattern made, then you're good to go...