Chia Pet

Default Worthless, expensive home add-ons.

"user" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 03:30:08 GMT, Chia Pet wrote:

"TOM KAN PA" wrote in message
Who can add to this list?

My favorite is replacement windows. A home with decent storms before new
windows would have about a 50 year payback on new windows. If that same
homeowner bought some caulk and used it, the payback should be about 5

days.

I know, many will disagree, particulary those who just spent $10k on new
windows

Ummm.... apparently your knowledge about R-values and thermal
effects are just as extensive as your knowledge of home insurance...

Anyone can buy insurance. Collecting on it when you need it, that's when the
knowledge or lack of it becomes apparent. Same for windows and R-values. It
is more the exception than the rule to get what you thought you bargained
for with either. And that's not my experience, but what I've learned
observing the experience of others. But fraud is the American way, isn't it?
The economy would collapse if people stopped buying hot air.