George E. Cawthon

Default Worthless, expensive home add-ons.

M R wrote:

Specter wrote:

I've got one for you:

Stucco coated homes are the norm in my part of the world, and a well-known,
if not well-regarded, local home renovation outfit has been advertising a
thin, spray-on coating they claim will increase a home's R value by
something like 10 or 12 points. They say it contains tiny ceramic beads,
same as the material used to insulate the space shuttle.

But if it burns off during takeoff and re-entry what good is it?

I wonder if they also sell stick on magnets to increase the
efficiency of your gas furnace?