Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default No, gun silencers wouldn't have worsened the Las Vegas shooting

Oren wrote:
On Mon, 9 Oct 2017 14:44:52 -0400, Tekkie® wrote:

In practical terms it's very hard to determine where a shooter is because of
the reverberation off of buildings, etc. Muzzle flash is better. In some
cities they have strategically placed listening devices to pinpoint the
location.

+1

Called "shot spotter". The units have to be up 30 ft or so. It
triangulates the shots near instantly and provides the GPS. (45
seconds)

Las Vegas does not have the system. About 90 large metro areas do have
them.

Watch the video link:

http://www.shotspotter.com/technology

After watching some new and old videos, it's possible to triangulate witht
current videos recorded. I'm hearing two shooters. Someone also brilliantly
calculated times of hits vs shoots. There are two distinct shooters
separated by almost 200 meters. You hear the hits well before the shoots,
supersonic flight, but there are two time delays. I also saw flashes from
32 floor of Mandalay. Not much heard about the fellow two floors saying it
took 72 minutes for swat to enter. There were two other fellows reporting
nearby, as well as another maintenance guy. Lots of stuff.

Greg