Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default how long does tin of pait take to dry out

On 08/10/2017 12:53, tim... wrote:
I have half of a 5L can of emulsion paint that I don't need.

I am told by my LA that I am not allowed to throw it away whilst it is
still soft (yes I know that I can ignore this advice and nothing will
happen).

So OOI, if leave the top off the can how long will it take to dry out?

(It's been open for 48 hours already with no sign of any change in the
consistency)

tim

Not suggesting this as a solution, but we've all been washing out
brushes, rollers, and paint kettles down the drain since emulsion paint
and PVA was invented. Does anyone know the actual consequences of
putting the particulate from emulsion paint down the sewage system?