Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chemicalising an unvented system

On Saturday, 7 October 2017 00:17:33 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 06/10/2017 22:47, tabbypurr wrote:

Need to put some inhibitor into an unvented CH system tomrrow.
Question is: how? The only effective answer I've come up with so far
is to use a washing liquid bottle to squirt it into the top of a
radiator. I was originally going to use a funnel & bit of hose, but
the drain points are under the rads, so the hose isn't going to fully
empty into the system that way, and couldn't find a funnel that
fits.

Yup, you can take wither the bleed valve or the blanking plug out the
top of a rad (having shut off its valves, and drained a litre of water
out of it).

Of if there is a magnaclean or TF1 style filter, they can be isolated,
drained, and then refilled with inhibitor.

Lastly you can also get aerosol cans of inhibitor with a hose and
connector that lets you connect to the filling loop. They then force the
inhibitor into the filling loop under pressure.

The system will need to be drained down as we don't know which inhibitor is in there now, and I gather incompatibility can occur. I'll try the washing liquid bottle or a bit of hose & funnel. Don't really want to go & buy a 2nd lot of inhibitor, and the magnaclean is too small to get the lot in.

Cheers

NT