Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default Chemicalising an unvented system

wrote:

Need to put some inhibitor into an unvented CH system tomrrow. Question
is: how? The only effective answer I've come up with so far is to use a
washing liquid bottle to squirt it into the top of a radiator. I was
originally going to use a funnel & bit of hose, but the drain points are
under the rads, so the hose isn't going to fully empty into the system
that way, and couldn't find a funnel that fits.

NT

I use a bit of vinyl hose going into the hole left by removing one of
the air vents in the highest top floor radiator (having drained the
system just to the point there is a litre or so of air in that
radiator). It is probably just over 12mm (?3/8" BSP) but other
radiators may have a 1/2" BSP hole which hose pipe would go into.
Funnels are cheap enough on ebay to make it not worth making up leaky
adaptors to washing up liquid bottle, but the latter is a possibility.

--

Roger Hayter