C L

Default Whirlpool oven problem after power outage

I've got a built-in Whirlpool oven with electronic controls. Had a power
outage recently, and when the power came back, the display showed "PF,"
which the manual says is normal -- PF = power failure.

However, the exhaust fan is now always on. The oven won't turn on unless I
set the temperature to above 400 degrees F, and stops before the oven gets
to that temperature. I've tried shutting the power off to the oven from the
electrical panel to reset the electronics but that didn't help. I don't
have access to the wall plug - it's hidden behind the wall oven and I have
to take the whole oven out to get to it - so I can't unplug it directly from
the wall socket (if that makes any difference). I'm thinking that 2 things
could have gone wrong: (1) electronics are fried, or (2) temperature sensor
is shot. I'm leaning towards the temperature sensor as the cause, but after
I found out how much it costs, I thought I'd better be sure before getting
one. (Man, they're expensive!) Then again, the electronic controls are
probably even more expensive.

Any advice and thoughts will be much appreciated.