Ermalina

Default Worthless, expensive home add-ons.

Specter wrote:

I've got one for you:

Stucco coated homes are the norm in my part of the world, and a well-known,
if not well-regarded, local home renovation outfit has been advertising a
thin, spray-on coating they claim will increase a home's R value by
something like 10 or 12 points. They say it contains tiny ceramic beads,
same as the material used to insulate the space shuttle. Best of all, this
miracle product can usually be applied for less than $3,000. They claim that
money will be returned to homeowners through energy savings, within the
first couple of years. Now, I'm not saying they're fibbing, but ...

Rob

Maybe they're not.

http://www.ornl.gov/info/press_relea...960910-01.html