kerm

Default Replacement for Sangamo clock

In article ,
"Christian McArdle" wrote:

Thanks - but will it be simple to wire in? I've been told that if
I use a different clock it would need rewiring.

It sounds like you have very simple wiring as it is.

I bet you have one permanent power cable (the red/black motor one) and
one
switch cable (purple switch one).

Almost time clock with "volt-free" contacts should be simple to wire up.
Connect the purple wires to COM and NO. Connect the red wire to L(ive)
and
the black wire to N(eutral). (Unless the old one is a low voltage thing,
but
I doubt it in on a 37 year old boiler).

Christian.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

I got the Trac TC GP24 (voltage free contacts) but it does't work.

The wiring connection instructions state:

"1. Live output to appliance

2. Make link to switch 240v AC ONLY

NB terminal 2

Should you wish to switch other than 240v AC do not use link to
terminals 2 and 3. Feed the required switching voltage to terminal 2 and
output from terminal 1

3. Live from mains (link shown to 2 - I linked these)

4. Neutral from mains and neutral output to appliance"

Assuming I was switching 240v AC I connected the two purple 'clock
switch' wires to terminals 1 and 4, the red 'clock motor' wire to
terminal 3 and the black 'clock motor' wire to terminal 4 and inserted a
link between 2 and 3.

When I reconnect to the mains with the timer turned to 'permanently on'
I can hear a click from the timer but the boiler does not come on. I
replaced the old Sangamo switch to check this still worked on manual and
it does (so no other damage done!).

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

John