Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default DIY speed signs

fred wrote:

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 1:26:12 PM UTC+1, Chris J Dixon wrote:
fred wrote:

Wimps. I set mine at 33, 44 and 77(i.e) speed limit plus 10%. A car I once owned allowed multiple presets of the cruise control. Quite useful. Been replaced by cruise control with active braking.

What is your experience of that? Do you get sudden braking when
somebody pulls into your braking space?

No thats not how it functions on my car. If I reduce the set speed on the cruise control the car will automatically brake down to the new speed

Ah! I thought it was the system that follows the vehicle in front
at a safe distance.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK