Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Rusty drill press column

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 17:11:59 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 8:05:25 PM UTC-4, wrote:

On 2017-10-03, dpb wrote:

"Stoddard oil" was essentially it way back when;

It is stoddard "solvent", not "oil". Jes cuz it is a petroleum
distilate, does not make it a lubricant. Is gasoline a lubricant?

BTW, water is also considered a "solvent".

nb
And after 2 weeks with no rain, and then a light downpour, my Ranger
thought water was a pretty good lubricant on the road too - - - -

We get a lot of that, here in Atlanta, every time it rains. People
just can't understand the basics of defensive driving.

If I type the word "snow" someone nearby will slide off the highway and onto the median.
Yep...there they go. Sorry about that.

They absolutely freak here. If I didn't have to be on the same roads,
it would be hilarious.