Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Garage height...8 feet or 10 feet?

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 14:18:41 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Wed, 04 Oct 2017 17:09:09 -0400, wrote:

Im looking to build a garage to help a friend he wants its slab of 12x20 and
to make the pitch come right off front of his house for one car personal use
if i got an 8' x 8' door what size opening would i have to frame in for it

About yeah tall and about yeah wide is a good guess.

.. dunno. for a real nice fit -
I'd frame it a tad smaller - then plane down the door.
If it's a metal door - you might need to re-sharpen your
hand plane a few times.
John T.

...but the header will be wider. OP never said if the header is wood,
concrete or steel I-Beam.

.. I guess .. you're right, again .. a hand plane doesn't
stay sharp for long - on those steel I-Beams or concrete.
I give up. It can't be done.
John T.