Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY speed signs

On 04/10/17 13:14, fred wrote:
On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 9:16:59 AM UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
ARW wrote:

One of the best things about my van (when it actually works) is
that I can set the cruse control to 31MPH when in a 30 zone. That
sets my real speed to 29MPH.

Yes, I often use C/C set to 31 in a 30 and 52 in motorway 50
roadworks sections. I find most of the "flashing reminder" signs
are quite accurate compared to GPS - far more accurate than most
car speedos.

A reminder that you are speeding is much better than a sign that
lights up when you are not speeding - even if it has a happy face
when you are not speeding.

Signs that have amber flashing lights and a green message thanking
you for not speeding are just ****ing annoying.

Wimps. I set mine at 33, 44 and 77(i.e) speed limit plus 10%. A car I
once owned allowed multiple presets of the cruise control. Quite
useful. Been replaced by cruise control with active braking.

I put 4 new tyres on. Now it gets annoyed at 33 indicated, when it used
to be 34..

all women"