Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter Easthope[_2_] Peter Easthope[_2_] is offline

Default JVC camera output vs. Hauppauge framegrabber input.

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 7:45:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
connect the camera to an NTSC monitor and see what happens?

Thanks for the reply.

A Sony Trinitron CVM-1270 is available here. I haven't found specs
for it but the manual for the PVM-1353MD and PVM-1953MD is at
https://docs.sony.com/release//PVM1353MD.PDF. On page 13 "Color system
NTSC, PAL". Haven't found anything about switching. Appears these
monitors recognize NTSC and PAL and switch automatically.

When the JVC TK-1070U camera is connected to the Sony CVM-1270
monitor, it produces an image. Nothing yet convinces me that the
camera output is NTSC or NTSC-J recognizeable by the Hauppauge card.

Can NTSC and PAL be distinguished reliably with an oscilloscope?
Instructions on a Web page? I havn't found anything specific.

Thanks, ... Peter E.