Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default JVC camera output vs. Hauppauge framegrabber input.

Hi,

This question concerns a JVC TK-1070U camera connected to a Hauppauge
pci framegrabber card.

Specs for a similar JVC TK-870U are here.
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/s...&feature_id=03

A photo of the Hauppauge NTSC/NTSC-J 26552 is here.
http://easthope.ca/HauppaugeWinTV.jpg

The following lines are from mpv in Debian stretch. Reference
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user.../msg00080.html .

[tv] supported norms: 0 = NTSC-M;
[tv] tv.c: norm_from_string(pal): Bogus norm parameter, setting default.

Suggests that the camera is delivering PAL whereas the card recognizes
only NTSC-x. Correct?

Thanks, ... Peter E.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Suggests that the camera is delivering PAL whereas the card recognizes
only NTSC-x. Correct?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

connect the camera to an NTSC monitor and see what happens?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 7:45:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:
connect the camera to an NTSC monitor and see what happens?

Thanks for the reply.

A Sony Trinitron CVM-1270 is available here. I haven't found specs
for it but the manual for the PVM-1353MD and PVM-1953MD is at
https://docs.sony.com/release//PVM1353MD.PDF. On page 13 "Color system
NTSC, PAL". Haven't found anything about switching. Appears these
monitors recognize NTSC and PAL and switch automatically.

When the JVC TK-1070U camera is connected to the Sony CVM-1270
monitor, it produces an image. Nothing yet convinces me that the
camera output is NTSC or NTSC-J recognizeable by the Hauppauge card.

Can NTSC and PAL be distinguished reliably with an oscilloscope?
Instructions on a Web page? I havn't found anything specific.

Thanks, ... Peter E.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 1:53:19 PM UTC-4, Peter Easthope wrote:

A Sony Trinitron CVM-1270 is available here. I haven't found specs
for it but the manual for the PVM-1353MD and PVM-1953MD is at
https://docs.sony.com/release//PVM1353MD.PDF. On page 13 "Color system
NTSC, PAL". Haven't found anything about switching. Appears these
monitors recognize NTSC and PAL and switch automatically.

We are presently using a 30" Sony that switches between NTSC, PAL, SECAM, et.al. as needed. So, this does not surprise me. Also between 100, 120, 220 & 240, 50/60 HZ.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Can NTSC and PAL be distinguished reliably with an oscilloscope?
Instructions on a Web page? I havn't found anything specific.

Thanks, ... Peter E.

the H sync freq for NTSC color is 15.734 kHz.
what is it for PAL?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 2:02:38 PM UTC-7, wrote:
the H sync freq for NTSC color is 15.734 kHz.
what is it for PAL?

In a few days I'll be at the site again and see what can be
learned with the scope.

Thanks, ... Peter E.