Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] mark.bluemel@gmail.com is offline

Default Chipped Bath

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 02:44:04 UTC+1, bg wrote:
replying to xavier, bg wrote:
Did you find a satisfactory solution? I just had a potted plant fall and chip
the edge of my 6 month old Victoria & Albert Quarrycast bathtub. I've called
Victoria & Albert and they are adamant that they don't recommend anyone for
repairs. They are pushing me off to the place I purchased it, Ferguson, who is
referring me to a bathtub repair person who advertises his skill with acrylic,
fiberglass, cast iron, & steel...but this is a different material & I am not
optimistic as he recommended I use "superglue" to attach the chip, but I'm
fairly certain it is not going to work because the material is quite porous
where it chipped off. Any updates from anyone?

It's questionable whether xavier is still viewing the uk.d-i-y news group
nearly 13 years on.

When our bath (not the same material as yours) was damaged we were fortunate
to find a fitter who'd previously worked on yachts to do what amounted to a
gel-coat repair. As V&A Quarrycast seems to be a resin-based material, a
similar approach may work... Do you have boatyards nearby?