Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Rusty drill press column

On 10/3/2017 3:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 1:57:24 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/3/2017 1:30 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:
[not my drill press]

Any idea how to either remove the rust or at least smooth it down enough
that the friction isn't in impediment to adjusting the table height?

Empire Top Saver and steel wool. Available from woodworking suppliers
and Amazon.

Maybe not Amazon...

Currently unavailable, they don't know when or if it will be back in stock.

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Saver-Rus.../dp/B001DT12XQ

Maybe not anywhere...

A few forums have posts from folks that can't find it anymore.

Woodworkers Supply shows it in their website, but without an item number. I called and they
said it appears that Empire may be out of business.

If you have a source, a link would help. People seem to like it, so I'd like to try it.

That sucks. The only source I know of right now is the bottle in my
garage.