Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bigger oh sh!t.

On Tuesday, 3 October 2017 14:22:56 UTC+1, JoeJoe wrote:
On 03/10/2017 12:32, dennis@home wrote:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41391343

I suspect a typical dumbing down BBC again...

Just watched 5 minutes of the 1pm news. American police chief said they
found 23 guns in the hotel and 19 in the home of the shooter, or as the
BBC immediately put it: "over 40 guns",

Well that is correct isn't it. 23+19 is 42.
They haven't said those are his only guns, he might have more in a lockup or shed or car.

and then the policeman said 515
injured, or as the BBC put it: "over 500".

again true and this also true, maybe there's still some that haven't been counted or it depends what you mean by injured.
if someone was filming and tripped over and fell knocking themselves out (yes peole have killed themselves filming things) would or should that be added to the number of injured.
When I first heard the report it was that at least 2 people had died , next it was at least 20 then at least 52 last night it was at least 59.
at 15:06 UK time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41479011
Police are working to establish the motive behind a mass shooting which left 59 people dead and another 527 injured at a Las Vegas concert.

So your report of 515 injured is WRONG. over 500 is RIGHT.

I suppose when you manage to negotiate a £500,000 salary for reading the
news, you do feel you have the right to treat your viewers who pay your
salary as idiots...

it seems some are....