Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

On Mon, 02 Oct 2017 12:14:01 +0100, pamela wrote:

On 10:55 2 Oct 2017, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:

Britain has the right to leave the EU and Britain has the
right to bear the consequences of leaving. Meanwhile the EU
has the right not to provide any assistance. It's all part
of realpolitik.

And the fact that the EU would make it as didicult as possible,
so as to discourage others leaving, shows exactly why we need
to leave.

What very odd logic.

No special deals, no benefits without costs is fair enough, but
deliberately preventing debate of things that need to be sorted
out is not.

It's is absolutely no problem if we just wish to negotiate the
separation deal from the EU. That could be done well within the
timescale.

But May wants a new deal involving trade and services.

Not only is the UK in a weak position in the EU negotiations but
Theresa May's weak government makes it harder still to get a good
deal. Her weak leadership doesn't help.

Quite. Normally the PM would sack ministers openly criticising the
government, so why is Boris still there?

We used to think all those Italian coalition governments in past
decades were hopeless and unstable but now we have a similar
situation.

You are right.

All this at a time when we need to move faster.

Maybe not faster but it would be better if the UK representatives had
some clue what they were doing.