Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Impossible snap ring, how to remove?

On Sun, 01 Oct 2017 14:36:44 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 19:55:55 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 12:18:42 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

The Harbor Freight pin spanner is cheap enough to modify into a custom
tool:
https://www.harborfreight.com/adjust...nch-36554.html

Wow, are those new? I've never seen that either in stores or
advertised in their catalogs before, and I've been shopping HF since
the mid '70s.

Ive had a few of those kicking around from HF for years.

They arent made all that well..but will occasionally work on angle
grinders

Since I didn't have a spanner, my first angle grinder was serviced by
a pair of drifts and some channel locks. Since then, I bought (HF
$9.95 on sale, of course) 5/8-11 ended grinders and media which I can
unscrew by hand. I much prefer the latter, though the original still
works with existing media.

--
Stoop and you'll be stepped on;
stand tall and you'll be shot at.