Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default P**s up and brewery.

On 02/10/17 12:17, pamela wrote:
On 21:13 1 Oct 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , pamela

On 2017-10-01, pamela wrote:

[71 lines snipped]

The US, whom we are regularly told is our great ally, didn't
hold back from imposing 220 percent retaliatory tariffs over
Bombardier.

The US used WW2 to destroy Britain as a world power.

I guess you mean the War Debt.

Not only. We used to have significant foreign investments in South
America. Sold to the Yanks for a song for agreement for the Yanks
selling us arms during WW2.

Which goes to show that we had better not place too much hope on
favourable trade deals with the US.

God you are naive. The Yanks play hard ball. WE know that. It was a
masterstroke by Churchill that got them to finally stand up to the
Russians and pour trillions into Europe.

Or lose it as a market.

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."