Posted to uk.d-i-y
Retro Futurist ... Retro Futurist ... is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"Bob Martin" wrote in message
in 1629216 20171001 211320 Tim Streater wrote:
In article , pamela

On 2017-10-01, pamela wrote:

[71 lines snipped]

The US, whom we are regularly told is our great ally, didn't
hold back from imposing 220 percent retaliatory tariffs over
Bombardier.

The US used WW2 to destroy Britain as a world power.

I guess you mean the War Debt.

Not only. We used to have significant foreign investments in South
America. Sold to the Yanks for a song for agreement for the Yanks
selling us arms during WW2.

Not just South America, all British investments in the USA had to be sold.

why do I keep thinking of dog pills? .....